Promise of Inclusion
Camps Kenwood & Evergreen are committed to creating a community of belonging where everyone feels both welcome and invited. We are continuously striving to build a culture that is safe, equitable, and free from discrimination.
- We commit to recognizing and celebrating our differences and will work to increase the diversity of our camp community.
- We will create spaces for open dialogue, amplify all voices, and listen with the intent to learn.
- We promise to engage in regular self reflection, evaluation, and improvement.
- We will work to ensure that every member of the K&E community feels safe, valued, and supported.
- We recognize that diversity of backgrounds, races, cultures, ethnicities, religious beliefs, ideas, abilities, and sexual orientations challenges us and builds strength, confidence, and loving acceptance that can be transferred to the world at large.
Camp K&E admits children of any race, religion, sexual orientation, disability (assuming the disability permits safe participation in the Camp K&E program), national or ethnic origin to all programs and activities generally accorded or made available to children at the camp.